Firstly let's understand
What is Firebase?
Firebase is Google’s mobile application development platform that helps you build, improve, and grow your app. See detailed description here https://firebase.google.com/
Let’s see how we can integrate it into our own app to get these benefits. Its integration is effortless, and you can do it in 5 minutes.
Just follow these steps:
- Sign in to firebase with your google account
- Click on
3. Add your project name (could be anything)
4. Accept terms and conditions and click Continue
5. You can see here what you can achieve after enabling google analytics into your firebase project. First of all, it's free; it allows you to do A/B testing, you can see crashes, user behavior, etc. Let’s enable google analytics for the project and click on Continue
6. Now, you move to another step to configure google analytics
Select your analytics location (This represents your organization's country/region) and tick all checkboxes (you can go through the details of these links). Click on
Create project .
7. Great! It says
Your new project is ready . Click on Continue
8. Now, let's see how we add a
app to firebase. You can add any IOS, Android, or web app. Just click on the icon (marked green )whatever you want to add.
9. Let's see how we can add an android app. So I click on the android icon. It will open this page here in the first box, put your package name (like com.example.something). The second box basically will have your app’s nickname; you can put anything here. Move to next step
10. Now, you have to download the config file and have to paste it into your Android app module. Click on
11. After click next, you have to add
google() repository and dependency to your project-level
build.gradle file and app-level
build.gradle as given below. Sync your Gradle changes. Click on
12. Now you are all set just clicked
Continue to console
Let me show you how your console will look like:
As you can see in the above image, there is an active user section, DAU (daily active user) section, crashes section, etc. (It won't show all these data immediately; you have to upload your release APK to the play store to see all active users and other details)
If you face any problem while doing integration, you can comment here. I will surely try to fix them.